View Sunidhi Sen 's Profile
What do you mean by alt attribute?
What does the alt attribute do?
Asked by Sunidhi Sen | Sep 13 2018 | Report this Report abuse
Replies (4)
View Bhargav  Mitra 's Profile
It is actually a medium to specify some alternative text for some image when it cannot be viewed by users because of any reason.

Reason could be anything.

For Example:

Slow connection
Some issue in src attribute.
Use of screen reader by users.
Browser compatibility issue.I mean, the use of outdated browser.

Here is the syntax:

Syntax : text

Remember, The text it contains is the part of its values and specified the alternative text for the images.

You have to remember a couple things while using alt attribute.

For Example:

In case your image contains some kind of information, make sure the text describes the image and fully.

If your image is inside element, make sure the destination of the link is definitely explained by the text.

In case the objective of your image nothing but decoration, make use of alt="" if.

I hope you now know a lot about it.
View Ifran  Khan 's Profile
It is actually a medium to specify some alternative text for some image when it cannot be viewed by users because of any reason.

Reason could be anything.

For Example:

Slow connection
Some issue in src attribute.
Use of screen reader by users.
Browser compatibility issue.I mean, the use of outdated browser.

Here is the syntax:

Syntax : text

Remember, The text it contains is the part of its values and specified the alternative text for the images.

You have to remember a couple things while using alt attribute.

For Example:

In case your image contains some kind of information, make sure the text describes the image and fully.

If your image is inside element, make sure the destination of the link is definitely explained by the text.

In case the objective of your image nothing but decoration, make use of alt="" if.

I hope you now know a lot about it.
View Nagesh  Kumar 's Profile
The alt attribute is used in HTML and XHTML documents to specify alternative text (alt text) that is to be rendered when the element to which it is applied cannot be rendered. It is also used by "screen reader" software so that a person who is listening to the content of a webpage (for instance, a person who is blind) can interact with this element. In HTML 4.01, the attribute is required for the img and area tags. It is optional for the input tag and the deprecated applet tag.
Sep 19 2018 | Report this Report abuse
View Jaiwant  Kulkarni 's Profile
Alt is important & according to Search engines it plays a good role in SEO and makes better understanding for search engines.
Sep 19 2018 | Report this Report abuse